To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma is required.
- Three to five years of experience in administrative, professional, investigative, technical, or other responsible work related to the field of criminal law.
- Ability to communicate written/orally with Court personnel, personnel of other USAOs and other local and federal agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, attorneys and professional support staff, regarding all matters related to the assignment and timely filings of legal documents.
- A qualified typist is required (40 words per minute).
- Skill in operating a personal computer; in using on-line legal research sites such as Lexis/Nexus/Westlaw; and in using spreadsheets to compile, sort and evaluate data, and prepare reports.
- Familiarity with office machines sufficient to perform recurring operations as well as user-selected custom features, e.g., scanning, copy enlargement and reduction.
- Ability to review and analyze data and information from multiple sources.